-
November 7th, 2001, 11:50 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I think my breaks are starting to go.
The whole car shakes when i step on the breaks. my guess is that the rotors are warped or sumthin.
what kind of rotors/pads would you guys suggest??
------------------
| |JEFF| |
**KILL LIST**
1999 Honda Civic CX (cold air intake)
1995 Chevorlet Camaro (ecu chip)
1993 Mazda mx3 GS (stock)
1991 Nissan 240sx SE (stock)
1989 Honda Prelude SR (exhaust)
1989 Chrysler Dynasty (stock)
1988 Honda Prelude S (stock)
------------------------------------------------
1990 Civic Hatchback Si (Black)
Clarion Head Unit
Pioneer Subs
Blaupunkt Components
**138.5db**
Clear Corners
Clear Bumper lights
Custom Exhaust
Custom Silver/Black Interior
Compustar Remote Pager Alarm
Skunk2 Coilovers w/ 3" drop
MORE COMING!!
http://members.cardomain.com/90civicrider
-
November 8th, 2001, 12:10 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I would go for brembo rotors. Make sure you get the cadmium plated ones. They look way better. Kinda of a shiny silver and won't ever rust. EPC pads I hear are pretty sweet too....
------------------
-
November 8th, 2001, 12:15 AM
#3
Inactive Member
JohnnyM...your a smart man 
I'm also recommending the bremo OEMs, and EBC green stuff pads are a good combo. Mine are vibrating a bit right now (outta adjustment also, and they always vibrate till they heat up a bit). But its still no where close to what my beat stock rotors were before, made my car feel like one of those "magic finger" beds every time i braked lol.
------------------
"Take you car, fill it with some 94, then crank the distubtor twards the firewall before you head onto the track"
"what will that do?"
"you'll see hehe..."
(my shop friend checking up on my civic)
-
November 8th, 2001, 12:26 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Don't get Powerstops. I fried a set of them with green EBC pads. I later did some searching on the web and found a site where lots of people were bitching about Powerstops warping.
------------------
-
November 8th, 2001, 12:35 AM
#5
Inactive Member
-
November 8th, 2001, 01:29 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I like the sound of the Brembo rotors..
( I think these are the ones
and the EBC pads..
from what i have read they sound good.
------------------
| |JEFF| |
**KILL LIST**
1999 Honda Civic CX (cold air intake)
1995 Chevorlet Camaro (ecu chip)
1993 Mazda mx3 GS (stock)
1991 Nissan 240sx SE (stock)
1989 Honda Prelude SR (exhaust)
1989 Chrysler Dynasty (stock)
1988 Honda Prelude S (stock)
------------------------------------------------
1990 Civic Hatchback Si (Black)
Clarion Head Unit
Pioneer Subs
Blaupunkt Components
**138.5db**
Clear Corners
Clear Bumper lights
Custom Exhaust
Custom Silver/Black Interior
Compustar Remote Pager Alarm
Skunk2 Coilovers w/ 3" drop
MORE COMING!!
http://members.cardomain.com/90civicrider
-
November 8th, 2001, 04:10 PM
#7
Inactive Member
i just got a set of j-power rotors, and ordered the AEM pads to go with them
------------------
http://home.bendcable.com/travis118/
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks